Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Do We Need A New Constitution for the Future?


Have you seen any of the Intelligence Squared Debates?  They are so informative!  IQ2 tackles issues of the day and invites panelists who are qualified to debate these issues on a night with an audience.  The audience votes at the beginning of the debate and again at the end.  The team who changes their vote the most wins.  This debate is "Has the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms Outlived Its Usefulness?"  This is a long video, so you may want to watch it in stages.  Not everyone has the time to sit in front of their computer like I do.

If you are able to keep an open mind and listen to both sides argue, you will learn something.  I must admit that I agreed with some of the arguments against the proposal, and, as much as I know I should hate Alan Dershowitz, I can't help but love him!  He could convince me that sand is wet and water is dry!


No comments: